FACE MASKS - Help each other stay healthy
Infection prevention control guidelines remain in place
The highest priority for the NHS remains the safety of staff, patients and visitors.
YOU MUST CONTINUE TO WEAR A FACE MASK ON HEALTHCARE AND SOCIAL CARE PREMISES. IT HELPS KEEP YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES SAFE
ZERO TOLERANCE DURING THE PANDEMIC
AS A PRACTICE WE MUST CONTINUE TO FOLLOW THE STRICT INFECTION, PREVENTION AND CONTROL MEASURES TO LIMIT THE RISK OF THE VIRUS TO YOU AS PATIENTS AND TO OUR STAFF. THIS MEANS THAT WHERE POSSIBLE OUR STAFF AND CLINICIANS WILL REMOTELY TRIAGE AND ASSESS YOUR NEEDS BEFORE DETERMINING IF A FACE-TO-FACE APPOINTMENT IS REQUIRED. IF YOUR NEEDS CAN BE MET SAFELY VIA THE TELEPHONE OR VIDEO CONSULTATION THEN THIS WILL TAKE PLACE. IF A CLINICIAN FEELS YOU REQUIRE A FACE-TO-FACE APPOINTMENT THEN THIS WILL BE ARRANGED. WE HAVE BEEN OPERATING IN THIS WAY SINCE THE START OF THE PANDEMIC IN ORDER TO CONTINUE PROVIDING ALL PATIENTS WITH ACCESS TO OUR SERVICES.
THE CURRENT PANDEMIC SITUATON IS CHALLENGING FOR EVERYONE IN DIFFERENT WAYS AND WE APPRECIATE THAT THE SITUATION WE ALL FIND OURSELVES IN CAN BE FRUSTRATING SOMETIMES. UNFORTUNATELY A NUMBER OF OUR STAFF HAVE RECENTLY EXPERIENCED FOUL AND ABUSIVE LANGUAGE OR BEHAVIOUR FROM A MINORITY OF PATIENTS. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AND WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS SORT OF BEHAVIOUR TOWARDS OUR STAFF - ALL OF WHOM CONTINUE TO WORK TIRELESSLY DURING THIS PANDEMIC.
IN LINE WITH OUR ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY, IF YOU ARE FOUND TO BE ABUSIVE TOWARDS MEMBERS OF STAFF THE APPROPRIATE ACTION WILL BE TAKEN
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO PRESCRIPTION ORDERING
From 1st May we will not be accepting prescription orders from pharmacies, other than for vulnerable patients with prior agreement. You can order:
- Using our online services – call at the practice in person to register with ID
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Post a request in person at any of our sites where we have dedicated prescription boxes
- Telephone requests are not accepted
Your order you should be clear on what you are ordering, detailing each medication separately with the strength, it is not acceptable to order ‘all my medication’, ‘my blue tablets’, ‘my brown inhaler’ etc.
IMPORTANT – TELEPHONE SYSTEM AND RINGING FOR APPOINTMENTS
Our new telephone system is being installed over the coming weeks, we’re due to change our number on Friday 30th Spetember at 10am, keep an eye on the website for updates.
From Monday 3rd October we will no longer be asking you to phone back at 1pm for afternoon on the day appointments, all appointments available for that day will be released at 8am, once that day’s appointments have been booked the phone system will give out a message telling you that to save you holding unnecessarily
Welcome to Burnley Group Practice
Our Mission Statement
- Burnley Group Practice strives to achieve exceptional, professional standards of healthcare within a friendly and approachable healthcare setting.
- We take time to be understanding of, and caring towards people's needs. We endeavour to be equitable and responsive in our approach to serve our diverse population, with safeguarding vulnerable individuals and groups our priority.
- We will work in partnership with our patients, their families and carers, involving them in decision making about their care and treatment.
- We also commit to nurturing our staff through an ethos of continuous learning and reflection.
Extended Access Feedback
Your views wanted on evening and weekend appointments
The extended access service offers GP practice appointments in evenings and at weekends when our surgery is closed.
This service is currently offered from St Peter’s Health Centre in Church Street.
However, from 1 October 2022, NHS England has requested that primary care networks (which are networks of GP practices across a small geographical location) take over the running of these services in their local areas. This means there may be some minor changes to the service.
We feel it is important that our patients are able to have a say in how these services are provided, and we therefore have devised a short survey so you are able to do this.
Please complete the survey at: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/6QZP3E/